Article Submission Guidelines
Welcome! Our association, our newsletter. Share your expertise with like-minded martial artists and friends of this publication.
Please follow the Submission Formats as closely as possible. The Guidelines are suggestions on what may work best. The Topics List is a starting point and should not limit creative ideas.
Remember, articles should be written for this newsletter. If an article is being copied from a studio newsletter, we have to be given permission to include it on this website and in this newsletter.
- articles = Rich Text Format (.rtf), Text (.txt)
- photos = (.jpg, .jpeg), (.png)
- number of words = 400? Shorter and concise. Longer with relevant, interesting information. Always produce quality over quantity. We can help with that.
- photo sizing = approximately 800 x 600 pixels (we'll take different sized, unaltered pictures.)
- photos per submission = no more than two per submission, unless more is needed to help explain the article content. We'll resize original photos to best fit the article layout.
Possible Topics List:
- studio profile
- master, instructor profile
- student, parent profile
- Black Belt papers, rewritten to fit newsletter format
- nutrition information
- training tips
- personal safety strategies
- (your idea here)
January 15th / April 15th / July 15th / October 15th. Newsletters emailed on Thursdays around these dates.
Submit articles by the 5th.
Age-appropriate author name, school, website link, and contact information will be published with each article.